Then came Walkman, portable disc players, MP3 players and now smartphones and tablets. I want to listen to music more often but find that traditional earbuds 1) hurt my ears fairly quickly and 2) fall out a lot. I know there are sport/workout earbuds that will help with #2 but no matter how many brands and styles I've tried over the years, I can't get rid of #1.
Thus I am moving back to a headset or headphones, whichever term you prefer. They seem to be more comfortable and I no longer care if my hair is mashed....it's less than 2 inches all over, it's always flat. I don't want to spend a lot of money, my hears aren't that sophisticated. I'd prefer something under $50. I did buy this set only to discover that they sit on my ears and I quickly return to reason #2 for not liking them.
I've looked over headsets in stores and they are all in blister packs, no tryouts allowed. By reading closely I now know I need an set over the ear headphones. Okay, looking at photos I'm not sure if they will really go fully around my ear, cupping it inside. I think that's what I need. Of course they might still press my glasses against my head and hurt....sigh.
Does this all seem too difficult to you? Sure does to me. Am I on a "Mission Impossible"? Jeesh! So here is my wish list:
- Comfortable (guess that means covers the ear for me)
- Adjustable (makes no sense otherwise, I have a small head)
- Portable (would really like ones that fold up to a smaller size)
- Good sound (not an audiophile but do like my bass)
- Compact (I know, picky, but dislike bulky)
- Noise reduction (not a must but a definite plus)
- Relatively inexpensive (like I said, I'd prefer under $50)
- Colorful (I'm so not a black kind of girl)
If you have any recommendations or comments, I'd love to hear them!