Sunday, March 16, 2014

Adapting my work space...more A to Z prep!

We finally have good Internet at our apartment here in Cuenca, Ecuador. Good means I now have access in the small guest bedroom that we have turned into an office and can work from there (in addition to the dining room table which was all I had before). My desk looks out a window into the hallway, hopefully someday there will be something on that wall besides white paint.

My desk isn't large, it doesn't need to be. But sometimes you need a little more space to spread something out. Initially I used my portable lapdesk inside the drawer but that meant I had to pull it out any time I wanted to use it (like now, when I'm sitting on my bed, typing).

Last week we visited a local art/office supply store, Juan Marcet, and I found exactly what I needed. There were several sizes of fiberboard and one looked like it would fit. It was really inexpensive (under $5) so I got it. Brought it home and it fit perfectly! Now when I open the drawer I have added desk space! Love it...


I'm still backlogged with writing projects - my short story for my author friend, Brandon Hale, and my A to Z flash fiction stories are all first on the list. April will be here before I know it...EEEK!

5 comments:

  1. A window facing into a hallway?!

    Donna, I love these glimpses into your new Ecuadorian life. I'm always inspired by your life adventures and by your writing ethic. Congratulations on ensuring they continue together. Hugs to you and Stu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much and thank you for sticking by me during my slim-posting/tweeting times! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely. The added desk space, that's so neat. I'm always in search of decorating ideas that'd give more space.
    Indeed, just a few more days before the Challenge. See you around.
    Silvia @
    SilviaWrites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Silvia. I have been so busy with my short story that I haven't touched my A-Z stories yet. EEEKK!! This weekend for sure! LOL!

      Delete
  3. It's true, April is right around the corner. Looking forward to your flash fiction posts.

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete

I'm tired of talking to myself. Drop a note, please?