It wasn't long after that I made the decision to get an iPod Nano. It was a first generation one but I really liked the earphones on a hanger, great for walking. That little Nano has lasted me since 2005 but recently I've noticed the battery life waning, often finding it discharged (when I was sure I had turned it off) when I need it.
Many are moving to music on their phones but I prefer the small size of the Nano. Fortunately, for me, Apple hasn't completely phased out their iPod line. I compared prices at Amazon and found the pretty much the same price. BUT, on the Apple site, I could get my new iPod in RED. Woot!! Added bonus was free engraving on the back so I opted to add "Carpe Diem", the same thing I have on my iPad mini.
The Nano arrived shortly after we returned from our cruise and I quickly set it up. I love the fact that it's touch since I am used to that with my iPhone 4S and iPad Mini (the old one was the swirl wheel). I fit 99% of my music on it and, most importantly, my favorite playlists.
Since I often use music when writing, I have a playlist that works for me. Mostly instrumental (so I don't sing along...LOL).
- Soundtrack from "Copper", a now cancelled TV series
- Soundtrack from "Defiance", a now cancelled TV series
- Geoffrey Castle: The Deep Well Sessions Vol. 2
- Geoffrey Castle: Mist on the Mountain
- Geoffrey Castle: Streets of Inwood
- Katori: Hello (featuring Caitlin Cardier) - single
- Lindsey Stirling: Lindsey Stirling
- Rodrigo y Gabriela: Rodrigo y Gabriela (ripped from CD)
- Rodrigo y Gabriela: 9 Dead Alive
- Rodrigo y Gabriela: 11:11
Do you listen to music as you work (whether writing, crafting, sewing, painting, whatever)? If so, what do you listen to?