- I discovered flash fiction. I did a lot of that in the first six months and found it improved my writing.
- In April I participated in the April A to Z Challenge and after writing the required 26 entries, I combined them all into a book for sale on Amazon.
- I also published several other flash fiction compilations on Amazon.
- I dug out a short story, “Lost and Found”, I had written ten years earlier, updated it and published it on Amazon.
- One piece of flash fiction, "The Dance", accepted for inclusion in a printed book anthology, benefiting several women's charities. .
- I started working on my first novel, "A Montana Chance", a contemporary romance set in Montana.
- In August I participated in Camp NaNoWriMo and got 80% through the first draft of a cozy mystery set in north-central Pennsylvania, “Not a Whisper”.
- In September and October I finished the first draft of “Not a Whisper”.
- In November I participated in my first NaNoWriMo and finished the first draft of a new romance, “Home Again”, which used my short story “Lost and Found”” as the prequel.
- In December I published my first ever full-length novel, “Home Again”, on both Amazon and Smashwords.
Yup, it’s been quite a year! To celebrate I’m hosting my own Scavenger Hunt. Here are the rules and specifics.
In the photo below, I’ve identified forty (40) different items. To enter you must email me, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your list of items. Do not count multiples of the same thing (for example, if you see a pen you can’t list four different pens as four items). Your email MUST have “Scavenger Hunt” as the subject or your entry will not count. Duplicate entries are not allowed, your first email is the only one that will count.
When does the contest end? Well, you lucked out. I am on a cruise right now so you get a week to enter. The last date for entries is January 13th. I will announce the winners on January 16th, after my return.
What can you win? The person with the most correct answers will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card and a copy of any one of my books at Amazon. If there is a tie, I will use Random.org to chose the winner. The others that are tied will receive one of my e-books, their choice. Everyone who enters will get a free PDF copy of my Kindle ebook, A to Z in 10 by 10.
Here is the photo for the Scavenger Hunt….have fun! Oh, and keep reading for a special chance to win a consolation prize.
Looking for chances to win a consolation prize? Subscribe to my newsletter and you'll get a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card! The subscription link is HERE.